Aleasha and I unknowingly put together what I will call Zupas night, it was that good! We had soup and sandwiches, perfect for the rainy days that are never ending here in Provo...
6 oz cream cheese
-beat the cream cheese and avocados, adding salt to taste
-cut desired vegetables (peppers, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.)
-toast choice of bread in oven
-build sandwich as desired!
Tomato Basil Soup
it's a soup, so play around with it!
You can make a pesto sauce from scratch, or get one from the store. I chose the lazy way
1/4 c. butter
3/4 tsp dried oregano
2/3 c. chopped onion
2 celery stalks, diced
3 cans tomatoes - diced, stewed, or sauce (no chunks!)
2 tsp sugar
1 1/3 c. heavy cream
- In a large pot, melt butter then add oregano, onion and celery. Saute until the onions are transparent, then add the pesto sauce
- Add tomatoes and sugar. If your soup is a weird color, don't worry, it will turn red as the veggies cook
- Transfer soup to a crock pot, cook on low for 2-3 hours
- Once done cooking, puree the soup if desired, then cook for another hour in crock pot
- After 4 hours in the crock pot, stir in cream and serve!