Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan-Garlic Crust

I LOVE this recipe! I started making this my sophomore year at BYU, and it was one of the first dishes I made entirely on my own and for my college "family dinners". It's a little messy but the ending result is so worth it! I kind of follow the recipe, usually a little more of everything because if you're going to make a mess, there might as well be leftovers

1 cup bread crumbs (I prefer fresh - grind wheat bread in food processor)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
3 garlic cloves, minced (or garlic powder)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt and pepper (aka Mrs. Dash)
4 chicken breasts
1/4 c. basil
1/4 c. mayonnaise

-combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, oil and Mrs. Dash in a large bowl (taste it, it should be good:)
-pat dry chicken with paper towels (not really that important); mom's style is to hammer the chicken with a mallet so that it isn't as thick
-combine basil and mayonnaise in a small bowl
-cover chicken with mayo mixture; cover in bread crumbs, place on a baking sheet
-bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes; inside of thickest chicken breasts should be 160 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment