This recipe is from Stephen's old MTC teaching companion, who's younger sister ended up being in my class. This recipe is originally much healthier with Agave, and non-gluten flour but my students weren't down for that. This recipe is my attempt to have teenagers eat "vegetables"!
Life Tastes Good Again, Kirsti Kirkland, Betsy Thomas
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 cup finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1/4 cup oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
3. In another bowl, combine sugar, zucchini, oil, and egg. Mix well.
4. Add dry mix to zucchini mix. Stir just until moistened. Pour into muffin cups
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the tops bounce back.
*I do muffins because they bake faster but loaves work too