Saturday, May 18, 2013
Microwave Lava Cake
These are perfect for small servings or a quick dessert. I didn't have success at home, but my students made them perfectly!
Microwave Brownie Lava Cake
½ bag of brownie mix
¼ c. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. water
1 ½ eggs
1. Pour the brownie mix into a bowl, whisk out the chunks to make a smooth powder
2. Spray 6 oz. custard cups with cooking spray then dust with a little bit of brownie mix powder to prevent sticking
3. In another bowl, combine the water, oil, and eggs. Whisk until combined
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the brownie mixture, stirring until combined
5. Spoon about a ½ cup of batter into each custard cup. Stack two chocolates on top of each other, then press into the middle of the brownie mix. Spread batter to cover the top of the chocolate
6. Place the custard cup on top of a plate then place in the microwave. Cook in individual cake for about 1 minute on full power OR you can cook multiple cakes at a time - add 30 seconds to the cook time for every cake – 2 cake = 1:30, 3 cakes = 2:00, 4 cakes = 2:30. No more than 4 cakes at a time in the microwave!
7. (The cakes will rise while it cooks then fall slightly once the cooking is done)
8. If you want to flip the cake upside down (to look like a volcano) run a knife along the edge of the cake to loosen it from the cup then flip onto a plate
9. Top with whipped cream or powdered sugar!