Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sloppy Joes

Stephen told me he loves Sloppy Joes, so I made a freezer meal for him while I was on tour. I think he liked them because they were gone when I got home.

Rachel Ray's Sloppy (Turkey) Joes:
2 Tbs. olive oil (2 turns of the pan)
1 package (1 1/3 lbs.) ground turkey or beef
1/2 red onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1 Tbs. Mrs. Dash
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 c. tomato sauce

1. Using the oil, begin to cook the meat
2. Cut onion and pepper to small pieces, add 1/2 onion and 1/2 pepper to skillet
3. In a small bowl combine: Mrs. Dash, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce. Pour into skillet, mix well.
4. Reduce heat to simmer, cook for 10 minutes

*Pioneer woman toasted the buns in butter on a skillet, that would be tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment