I was served this in Houston, TX while on a dance tour. It was absolutely delicious. It was the selling-point to buy the "Best Bites" book, which I am loving.
Chunky Monkey Pie (makes two pies)
(from the Banana Cream Pie)
1 (3.4 oz) instant chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
1 cup cold water
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 box chocolate cookies (crush finely) or a chocolate cookie crust
2 large bananas
1/3 powdered sugar
1. In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, cold water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix well and place in the refrigerator to chill for a few minutes
2. Chop peanut butter cups into small piece.
3. In another bowl, whip 1 cup of cream until soft peaks form. Add peanut butter and peanut butter cups, mix well. Fold whipped cream into the pudding mixture and then return the mixture to the refrigerator.
4. Slice the bananas and layer them on the bottom of the crusts
5. Divide the pudding mixture between the two pie crusts
6. In a medium bowl, whip the remaining whipping cream with 1/3 c. powdered sugar until soft peaks form and then spread it on top of the two pies. Refrigerate for several hours