Monday, December 23, 2013

Soft Sugar Cookies

These cookies are soft and have a yummy flavor!  They are a Hislop family favorite; the recipe comes from Grandma's friend Eddie Ward.  When I was growing up, my mom would decorate them very nicely with frosting. I don't really like to use or eat frosting, so I sprinkle them with jello powder and they take on the color and flavor of the jello.

Cut together with knives (I use my Bosch):
5 C. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 C. butter
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder

Make a well in the center and add:
1 C. sour cream, to which 1 tsp. baking soda has been added
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix.  Refrigerate a little before rolling out and cutting.
Bake at 425° for 4-6 min.  Do not let edges get brown.
If you are using jello, you might want to cover your pan with aluminum foil. If not, it washes.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment