Saturday, August 11, 2012

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Stephen specifically asked for "garlic mashed potatoes". I only tried this recipe. It's good, but I added some flavoring, but that's us:)

Garlic Mashed Potatoes
3.5 lbs. russet potatoes
2 Tb kosher salt
16 oz half-and-half (2% milk)
6 cloves of garlic
6 oz grated Parmesan

I added dry Italian dressing, Italian spice, butter, salt & pepper

-Peel and dice potatoes, all about the same size
-Place in large saucepan, add salt, cover in water
-Bring to a boil then reduce to maintain a rolling boil
-Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork
-Heat the half-and-half and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering, remove from heat
-Remove potatoes from the heat and drain off the water
-Mash potatoes (I used my Kitchenaid)
-Add garlic cream mixture and Parmesan
-Season according to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment