Monday, December 10, 2012
Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe is from Grandma. The cookies are nice and soft if you do not let them brown on top. You can add Hershey's kisses to the top after baking if you do not criss cross them with a fork.
1 C. butter
1 C. creamy or chunky peanut butter
1 C. sugar
1 C. brown sugar
2 1/2 C. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1. In mixer, beat soft butter with peanut butter.
2. Add sugars gradually and beat until fluffy.
3. Add eggs and beat.
4. Add flour mixture and beat in.
5. Cover dough and refrigerate 1 hour. (Unless it is really soft, I never have the patience for this step!)
6. Shape dough into balls; after placing on cookie sheet, use a fork to gently criss cross. If you are going to put a Hershey kiss on top, leave as a ball.
7. Bake at 350 for 5-6 min. Just lightly browned on the bottom, not on top. If you are doing the kisses, put them on as soon as you take them out of the oven. Let cool a little before removing from the pan. Store in airtight container to keep them soft. Makes about 4 dozen.